Aug 17, 2022
In this week’s episode, we learn the story of Jo Holcombe and her mother Shirley, who suffered from elder abuse by a caregiver. Following Shirley’s death, Jo turned her anger and rage into a positive. She worked tirelessly to have a law enacted in Alabama that requires individuals convicted of felony elder abuse to register (somewhat like a sex offender registry) in an attempt to stop elder abuse. Jo’s perseverance in not stopping until “Shirley’s Law” was enacted provides a great story of inspiration.
Read More About Shirley's Law
Jo Holcombe's Rocket Motivation Takeaways
- In life, we will encounter pivotal moments that can alter or change the direction of our lives. Choose to embrace these moments and act.
- It’s better to do something and fail instead of doing nothing at all.
- Don’t let the complacency of others stop you from acting. Don’t let others discourage you.
- Channel negative emotions in to something positive.
- In dealing with tough times, take each day at a time and look for one positive out of each day. Small positives add up.
- If you suspect elder abuse of a loved one, trust your gut. It’s better to investigate and be wrong than to not investigate at all
This episode is made possible by Empowered
Family Law >>>
Buy Rod's Book "Get Back Up" >>> Buy